Thursday, October 13, 2011

DJ's story, and Penguins Game Bonus!

Bernadette sent me her son's story today, to share what the Crason Kolzig Foundation has done for them.

Without the donations my son would not be able to do the Social Skills classes at the Responding to Autism Center which is funded by the Carson Kolzig Foundation. Thanks to these classes my son DJ has been able to join Cub Scouts and participate with the other kids. 3 years ago, we never dreamed we would be able to do this. He LOVES it. I got to hang out at Cub Scout Camp with him (1st time parents are suppose to hang out), he played, did projects, etc just like the other kids. COULDN'T tell a difference. He was just a "normal" boy. Didn't run and hide, loved his buddy for the day, played football, baseball, etc. I was bursting with pride! 

DJ is in Religious Education class at our church. I got to witness him get up in front of the class and do a presentation! He sings and participates in his music class. He is also in Chess Club at his school. I could go on and on but I think you have an idea now. :) 

DJ was a boy that would hide under tables, behind doors, if he was to sit on a carpet square he would hide behind that also. We fully believe in the classes and are extremely grateful for the scholarships so he can get the help he needs. I can never say this enough but I love the Carson Kolzig Foundation. We are very appreciative for all the help and support we have received for DJ. The social skills classes have made a HUGE difference.

ALSO: TONIGHT! CAPS! PENS! Let's Go Caps!
And to make tonight extra super worthwhile, I will be matching pledges for every goal scored. So, if you pledged $1 for every goal scored, I'll match you. So get those pledges in!

No comments:

Post a Comment